Who we are
We believe in improving the quality of life through exceptional life science.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and through a national network, we provide genomic services and expertise that are easily accessible throughout Australia.
We seek to empower Australia to be recognised for world-class genomics and innovation. By exchanging and collaborating in knowledge expertise, providing local access to innovative and state-of-the-art genomic technologies, we enable Australian academia and industry to advance leading edge genomic research internationally.
Vision and Mission
To be a key enabler of world class genomic science.
- To provide Australia with a world-standard, research integrated, capability delivering genomic solutions to the biomedical, agriculture and environmental sectors to address key scientific questions for Australia.
- To enhance our position as providing services to the entire academic community and render genomics accessible to suitable commercial and clinical enterprises.
Providing accessible services and expertise
We are here to support your research. We do this through:
- Nationally distributed network
- Quality service delivery
- Consultation and analysis
- Technical advice and tailored project design
Offering the latest in genomics technologies
In order to provide Australian researchers with access to the latest technology, our research and technology team are constantly assessing new developments in the market place. This includes:
- Offering a balanced portfolio of leading edge technologies
- Validating workflows of the latest techniques
Supporting the Australian research community
As part of our commitment to the Australian genomics community we facilitate the connection of researchers throughout Australia by:
- Supporting local scientific meetings
- Hosting special interest groups and networking sessions
- Delivering informational seminars throughout Australia
Adding value to industry
Genomics techniques are increasing agricultural productivity, facilitating environmentally friendly products and being used to trace commercial species enabling regulation and sustainability decisions.
Our research capability is accessible to commercial applications such as the development of therapeutics, pathology services, breeding programs, quality processes and food safety.